Monday, May 30, 2011

Reduction Medley

I also found these on my camera that I need to report...

This is Lasagna with Roasted Cauliflower Ricotta & Spinach (179-181) and a side of Garlicky Mushrooms & Kale (89-90):
The lasagna was just alright compared to the lasagna I usually make, but the lasagna I make wouldn't fit with the reductive lifestyle. However, I do like the roasted cauliflower in the ricotta. I would almost rather just have it on the side of the lasagna I usually make. I even made it a second time, using a mix of my usual lasagna with this, but both my husband and mother said I should stick with my original. Why mess with a good thing? Those of you wondering, I usually use this lasagna, but I make my own sauce. My sauce changes each time, but here is a rough recipe of my sauce:
1 large can of tomato sauce
1 large can of crushed tomatoes (the kind that has basil & oregano already in it)
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic
basil & oregano to taste (fresh is preferable but dried will work)
crushed red pepper to taste
salt & pepper to taste

Just fry the onion in a little olive oil, add the garlic, add the rest, and voila! Although I should measure out my seasonings for you. I'll try to do that next time.

This is Goddess Nicoise (25) with Green Goddess Garlic Dressing (26):


This is my favorite of this bunch - Black Bean, Zucchini, & Olive Tacos with Garlic-Lemon Yogurt (131-132):
I have a confession. I don't like olives. I couldn't bring myself to eat the olives in this dish, so I made his and her tacos. These were super spicy... like to the point where you feel intoxicated from the endorphins released when consuming super spicy food... It was awesome!

This is Soft Broccoli Polenta (77) with Black Beans in Red Velvet Mole (134):
This was not my favorite dish. The polenta was too bland and the mole was too sweet. Steven certainly enjoyed it and ate up all the leftovers.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment