Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tofu, Tempeh, & Breakfast!

Can I just say I wish I could find some Thai Basil? That being said, here is the Red Thai Tofu (149), Bhutanese Pineapple Rice (72), and Green Beans with Thai Basil (98):




I didn't used to like cooked pineapple. I thought pineapple should be cold, but lately I've been craving it hot, meaning I enjoyed the rice! Steven is usually super picky about food being too sweet, but he even enjoyed this dish. When I took the left overs in my lunch, co-workers were quick to ask me what I was eating because it smelled so yummy.

This is Buffalo Tempeh (161) & Cool Slaw (38):
I wasn't totally excited to try this mock coleslaw recipe, as neither of us care for cabbage. However, we both agreed that this was edible. The downside was the smell... although maybe I just used a potent onion.

Here is the Curried Scrambled Tofu (156) along with the rest of my breakfast:
I'm not sure if this was intended to be a breakfast dish, but I see any scrambled tofu as mock scrambled eggs. I don't know that I like it more or less than my regular scrambled tofu recipe, but it was delish with the wilted arugula. Also, these pancakes are super easy to make because you'll always have the recipe on hand. I prefer Moby's pancakes, however.

I think I still have about 80 recipes to try by the end of the year. This might be more challenging than I had anticipated, but I'll keep cooking... in my Post Punk Kitchen apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment